About the School
The “Optical Characterization of Photonic Structures” International School will be organised by SYNCHRONICS in Pisa (Italy) on 6 – 8 June 2017.
The School is focused on recent progresses on material fabrication and characterization for optoelectronics and photonics with sessions on the following themes:
- Optical/photonic material fabrication
- Organic/hybrid optoelectronics
- UV-Vis-IR to THz spectroscopic characterization
A joint-workshop on “Photonics devices for biocomponents” will be held on the 5-6 June. Participation in the workshop is free of charge but you need to register by sending an email to email@example.com. Please find below the schedule and programme:
- Giuseppe Barillaro and Valentina Robbiano – University of Pisa
- Francesco Scotognella and Giuseppe M. Paternò – Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia and Polytechnic University of Milan
Confirmed invited speakers
- Alex Barker, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Center for Nano Science and Technology, Italy – Hybrid perovskite photonics
- Hernan Miguez, CSIC Spanish National Research Council, Spain – Optical design of optoelectronic devices
- Andrea Toma, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Italy – Noble metal plasmonics in the IR
- Alessandro Minotto, University College London, UK – Organic LEDs in the NIR
- Franco Cacialli, University College London, UK – PCBM single crystals
- Francesco Fuso, University of Pisa, Italy – Near-field nanoscopy of photonic materials
- Thomas Brown, University of Roma Tor Vergata, Italy – Perovskite solar cells
- Paolo Biagioni, Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy – Si:Ge plasmonics in the IR
- Luca Beverina, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy – Organic electrochromic materials
- Alessandro Chiasera, CNR-IFN, Italian National Research – Council Institute for photonics and nanotechnologies, Italy – Materials for photonics
- Alessandro Luzio, IIT-CNS, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia – Center for Nano Science and Technology, Italy – Charge modulation spectroscopy for the study of the charge transport in solution processed semiconductors
- Francesco Scotognella, Polytechnic University of Milan and Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Center for Nano Science and Technology IIT-CNS, Italy – Optical characterization of nanomaterials
- Alessandro Tredicucci, University of Pisa, Italy – Graphene THz spectroscopy
- Stefano Dal Conte, Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy – Ultrafast characterization of 2D materials
- Cosimo Trono, CNR-IFAC, Italian National Research Council – Institute of Applied Physics Carrara, Firenze – Optical fiber-based devices for (bio)sensing
- Francesco Buatier de Mongeot, University of Genova, Italy – Plasmonics in self-assembled structures
- Stefano Toffanin, CNR-ISMN, Italian National Research Council – Istituto per lo Studio dei Materiali Nanostrutturati, Italy – Morphology-optics relationship in organic devices
- Luca de Trizio, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Italy – Cation exchange in nanocrystalline materials and related optical properties
- Matteo Tommasini, Polytechnic University of Milan – Raman spectroscopy of organic materials
The school will start at 2 pm on Tuesday 6th of June and will end at 5.30 pm on Thursday 8th of June.
|6th June (Tue)||7th June (Wed)||8th June (Thu)|
|11.00-11.30||Coffee break||Coffee break|
|15.30-16.00||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break|
The registration is now open and will close on the 20th of May.
The registration fee is 250 € and can be paid via bank transfer to:
Bank of Pisa and Fornacette – Cooperative Credit
Account holder: Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Informazione Università di Pisa
IBAN code: IT87Y0856270910000011156585 BIC CODE BCCFIT33
Reason for payment: Registration fee, International School Optical Characterization Of Photonic Structures (Synchronics), Pisa 6-8 June 2017
The fee includes the school registration, coffee breaks, lunches and the social dinner (that will be held on Wednesday 7th June).
In order to complete your registration to the school, please fill in the registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Please contact email@example.com for further details and to let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
The school will take place at University of Pisa in the Department of “Ingegneria dell’Informazione” (Via Girolamo Caruso 16, 56122, Pisa, Italy).
Here is a list of nearby hotels (max 20 minutes walking distance from the school venue):
Grand Hotel Bonanno – Via Carlo Francesco Gabba 17 – 4 stars
Hotel Kinzica – Piazza Dell’Arcivescovado 2 (nearby Piazza dei Miracoli) – 3 stars
Hotel Athena – Via Risorgimento 42 – 3 stars
Hotel Novecento – Via Roma 37 – 3 stars
Giardino Tower Inn – Piazza Daniele Manin (nearby Piazza dei Miracoli) – 3 stars
Hotel Roma – Via Bonanno Pisano 111 (nearby Piazza dei Miracoli) – 3 stars
Hotel di Stefano – Via Sant’Apollonia 35-37 (city centre) – 3 stars
B&B Il Campanile – Piazza Dell’Arcivescovado 16 (nearby Piazza dei Miracoli)
How to find us
From the airport
- From Galileo Galilei International Airport: take the “LAM Rossa” bus and get off at Pisa Centrale railway station. Then take bus line number 5 in CEP direction and get off at the first stop in via Andrea Pisano. Walk down via Niccoli.
By public transport
- From Pisa Centrale Railway Station: take bus line number 5 (CEP direction) and get off at the first stop in via Andrea Pisano. Walk down via Niccoli.
- Exit Pisa Nord highway A11 Florence-Pisa: go straight on the via Aurelia in Pisa direction for approximately 8 km. Turn left onto via Andrea Pisano and continue for approximately 0.4 km. Turn left on via Niccoli.
Find out more travel information on the websites:
- www.pisa-airport.com, Galileo Galilei International Airport
- www.pisa.cttnord.it for local buses
- www.trenitalia.com for national and regional trains